Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Jimmy Sullivan - The Past Ten Years

The past 10 years have been very eventful. First of all, I retired 10 years ago. I had one of those enhanced retirement opportunities which I and many others could not resist. Within a few months the business was sold thus my decision to retire early was the right one.

My two sons were close by but work took them many, many miles away. The closest is in South Carolina near Columbia, the other is in Utopia, Texas. Yes there is a Utopia!!! It is about 70 miles west of San Antonio in what is called the Texas Hill Country.

The biggest event in the past 10 years was the sudden death of my wife due to a stroke almost 7 years ago. It was about that time that the boys moved away as well. Needless to say, things have not been the same. I have considered moving but I have not done so. My mother is still living in Hertford thus I remain close by. I go in to see her about once every two weeks so I keep in touch with what is going on around town. I do not get to see many folks because all my time is spent with her.

The picture is of me and my gang. It was taken where we were all together in Texas last July. My grand girls are now 4 and 10. They live in South Carolina so I get to see them fairly often. I've even had opportunities to look after them while their parents were gone for a few days. I had to learn how to change diapers again!!!!!!!!

My time is spent doing stuff around the house here trying to get it undated and ready for sale if I decide to move. I have 4 boats I'm messing with. One is an old ski boat I had when the boys were growing up. I have another larger one that I’m getting ready to do some serious water traveling with. I want to explore all the rivers and sounds from Virginia to South Carolina. I also have an antique wooden boat made by Grady White that I hope to start restoring soon. The last one is a sailboat. A nice little 20' day sailer.

If you are ever down my way here in Greenville, stop by for a visit!!!

Looking forward to seeing you at the reunion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jimmy Sullivan
252-758-4815
jimsullivan_8@msn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment